Here is WGL’s second FIFA17 interview of the season. This time, we talked with one of our new players, RobbinAndShoppin, and got some of his thoughts on the league and the game itself. (Answers in bold)
- You are new to the WGL FIFA league this season. How did you initially find out about it?
I was in a GroupMe league recruitment chat and I saw Danny posted something about a FIFA league and I contacted him and the rest was history.
- At the midway point, you find yourself just outside of the top 4 (currently 6th in the table). What are your expectations for the second half of the season, and do you believe you will be one of the four teams earning promotion to Serie A?
I believe I could make it to be honest. I took a break from playing FIFA for a while to focus on 2K leagues so when I first joined I was very rusty but I think I’m starting to get back in the hang of things. I know I’m a new guy but look to turn a lot of heads with a promotion by the end of the season.
- Who do you consider the favorite to win your league?
Myself, mainly because I think we’ll get hot at the right moment!
- Who is your favorite team to use on the game?
Chelsea, without a doubt. Courtois saves basically everything and the addition of David Luiz makes the Blue Devils hard to score on.
- Are you satisfied with the team you are currently using in the league, and how do they compare with the team you would normally use?
Though Chelsea is my normal team I’m not so satisfied with the play. Since they run a back 5 formation with their normal formation it feels like I’m not getting enough support on offense. Been messing with some of the instruction settings to try to get more of a counter attack going and it’s been working well for me.
- In your short time playing in the league, have you developed a rivalry with anyone yet?
I have not, mainly because I don’t think anyone really wants beef with me. The name RobbinAndShoppin rings bells on the 2K circuit. I’m sure they’ve heard about my famous Escobar Tape Vol.2 on YouTube.
- What is one thing you enjoy about the league?
The competition! Been playing FIFA regularly since ’13 and hated how there wasn’t an online league function (there still isn’t to this day) so it’s cool to match up against real players and not bums from season games.
- What is one recommendation for improvement on how the league is run?
I think a best 2 out of 3 would be cool but I know it’s hard to just get one game in with some of these guys.
- Are you aware of WeGotLeagues, both in terms of content and our other leagues available (Madden, 2K, MLB, etc.)?
No, I wasn’t aware of that actually. I’d be interested in checking out if they have any UFC tournaments. I knock people out like NyQuil!
- Would you recommend this league to others?
Definitely anyone who has been wanting FIFA league action should check it out!