We’re back. The second installment of the Hard In The Paint 2k PS4 sim league power rankings.
1. At 34-11, which includes winning 16 of their last 18, number 1 was an easy choice. The Chicago Bulls. Holding the top spot in the east, while giving up the 2nd least amount of points per game the Bulls are out to prove, defense wins championships. Jimmy Butler 12.5 PPG 2.4 RPG 2.7 APG Derrick Rose 12.1 PPG 1.9 RPG 4.7 APG
2. At the second spot, the Toronto Raptors. On the backs of Nikola Vucevic and Victor Oladipo the self-proclaimed “6 God” continues to win games averaging a win differential of +9. Picking and rolling his way thru the last 11, going 9-2, he has one question. When does the playoffs start?
3. Consistency. The San Antonio Spurs brings it in with them at the number 3 spot. Consistency. With stellar play from their own “big 3” The Spurs sit second in the west at 32-14. Defense (3rd best) has been the key. The question for hen will be can they score enough to stay in games with 5 of 8 teams out west averaging 5-12 PPG more than them.
4. The Blazers sit in the four spot at 36-16. Damian Lillard has clearly taken over as the leader of the team with LA out of town. Averaging 16.4 PPG and 8.1 APG he has done everything to make sure the they stay atop the west. Going 11-6 in their last 17, the lead at the top is diminishing. With 6 left they are only 5 out of the 5th spot. Stay Tuned.
5. The Beard and the Rockettes move up one spot in the rankings. Sitting at 36-20 while going 15-7 over the last 22, the Rockets currently have the 3 spot out west. James Harden, averaging a league leading 23.4 PPG is doing it all. Up and down play still continues to haunt them. They’re out to prove, offense wins championships too, they hope.
6. Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant have been on a tear. The duo has the Thunder at 20-9 as well as up 3 spots in the rankings from nine to 6. With KD averaging 19/3/3 and AD averaging 16/6 they are showing this is just be beginning. Finally playing together don’t be surprised to see the Thunder continue to ball out and move up from 5 out west.
7. The Pelicans and Westbrook are in at seven once again. Sitting with a record of 24-12, on the back of Westbrook’s 16.7 PPG and 7.5 APG the Pelicans look to start making some real noise. Shooting a league best 38% from the 3 they are trying to make an imprint out west. Look for roster changes soon. With no go to big man, the Pels may be looking to make a move to form a 1-2 punch.
8. Hers comes the Wolves. After not ranking at all before, they come in at 8. The team took off after the acquisition of Carmelo Anthony while sending Andrew Wiggins and his talents to NY. Averaging 18.9 PPG Melo is showing he is what he is, a scorer. The Twolves give up the second most PPG but score the second most ppg. Pick your poison.
9. Another new face. The Brooklyn Nets. It’s hurts me to say that, but the play can’t be denied. Going from sub .500 to a modest 17-14 the Nets don’t want to forgotten in a top heavy eastern conference. Sitting at 5 in the east, with 27 left, it will be exciting to see if they can become more consistent and become a familiar face in the rankings.
10. Last but not really, the golden state warriors. After starting below .500 the warriors are now sitting at 21-20. Steph with 15 PPG leads them but he’s shooting a woeful 28% from three. Currently they’re winning games by .8 points per game. Steph 3 point percentage goes up, so will the Warriors win percentage