Primetime Players League – League Rules/Guidelines
(Commissioners have the authority to make rulings under or over the Rules/Guidelines up to booting you for your first infraction if they deem necessary at their discretion.)
League will use Simulation as the Game Style
PLEASE PROVIDE VIDEO/PICTURE PROOF OF AN INFRACTION BEING COMMITTED AGAINST YOU! WE DON’T HAVE TIME TO DEBATE THINGS THAT WE CANNOT SEE AS COMMISSIONER’S!
CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!
CLOCK MANAGEMENT-You have the ability to chew clock under 3:00 minutes in the 4th quarter or if you’re up by 28 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter.
GLITCHES-Glitches are not allowed and if caught using a glitch the punishment for infraction can be anywhere from a sim loss for one game up to being removed from the league. The same goes for quitting a game involuntarily.
- Schedule your game within 24 hours
- If neither opponent attempts to do this then the game will be a regular sim if the league advances early.
- Scheduling conflicts should be reported to the commissioners so the game can be marked for regular sim.
- If your opponent is not available within the 48 advance window, you will be granted a force win.
- If your opponent misses a scheduled time, ignores two or more schedule attempts (please attempt to schedule on multiple platforms if available), or breaks a rule, you will be granted a force win at the at the commissioner’s discretion.
PLAY CALLING-There’s no pass or run limit, but please don’t call the same plays over and over out of different sets. Try to run at least six to seven different plays before you run the same concept again. In late game situations we all have a habit of calling what works and that’s understood, but please do not abuse any plays.
GOING FOR TWO-You can go for two to win the game, go up by 3, or go up by 7.
GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN-Situations you can go for it on 4th down…
- 4th and 4 from your opponent’s 40 yard line in the first half.
- 4th and 4 from the 50 yard line in the second half.
- If you’re down by 21 points at any point in the game.
- If you’re down by 10 points or more in the 4th quarter.
- If it’s under the 3:00 mark in the 4th quarter.
ONSIDE/SQUIB KICKS-Onside/Squib kicks are not allowed in the first half at all! You can onside kick in the 2nd half when down by two possessions or more. You can onside kick in the 4th quarter down by a possession or more.
ICE THE GAME – If a person is up by 1-9 points or more and it’s under 3:00 minutes they can go for it in attempt to keep possession and run out the clock.
NO HUDDLE OFFENSE-No Huddle offense is allowed outside of the 2:00 mark, but you have to wait until the play clock is under 30 seconds. You can No Huddle and hike the ball at any time inside of the 2:00 mark in the 2nd and 4th quarters.
GOALINE OFFENSE No goal line formations except for… and goal situations and 4th and 1 or less.
DEFENSIVE ADJUSTMENTS- No nano blitzing, bringing the DE off of the line in pre-snap. Defenders must always rush the passer. (QB spy does not count as a pass rusher.)
- If you release a player at any point you have to let the player sit in free agency for 24 hours before you attempt to resign that player.
- DO NOT RELEASE PLAYERS during playoffs (Will be subject to boot)
- YOU and ONLY YOU are responsible to manage your team as far as resigning players during the season and managing your salary cap. When we get to the offseason the commissioner’s will set an offseason schedule for the entire league to go by
- Free Agents will not be “SAVED” during the offseason except its an extreme circumstance unless it is a new owner joining the league.
- All position changes have to be routed through the commissioner’s office.
- WR to TE = 85 speed or less & 6’3” or taller.
- WR to HB = 92 speed or less
- HB can be placed as on WR depth chart, WR CAN NOT be placed as HB or TE on depth chart.
- Safety/CB to OLB/MLB = 230lbs or heavier & 85 Speed or Less.
- NO Offensive Position to Defensive Position Switches
- Player can be switched in spite of rules if agreed on by the Commissioners
NAME CHANGES – No real player’s names can be changed under any circumstance. Drafted player’s names can be changed if realistic. If it gets out of hand name changes to anyone will not be allowed.